An application for approval of a CDM project activity shall include at least the following documents:
- the project design document of the project activity, as made publicly available through the UNFCCC secretariat;
- a declaration by the applicant that participation in the project activity is in accordance with the relevant guidelines, conditions of implementation and procedures pursuant to the UNFCCC, the Kyoto Protocol and the relevant Flemish regulation. This declaration shall be drawn up using the Form declaration CDM project activity (185 kB)
- the letter of approval issued by the designated national authority of the host country;
- the validation report of the project activity, as made publicly available through the UNFCCC secretariat or, if the report is not yet publicly available, a provisional version thereof;
- a copy of a valid proof of identification if the applicant is a natural person; the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises identification number or, in the absence thereof, an extract from a trade register or an equivalent document if the applicant is a legal person;
- a written declaration by all project participants confirming that the applicant will be added to the list of project participants in the project design document, if the applicant is not included as a project participant in the project design document.
Hydroelectric project activities exceeding 20 MW
If approval is requested for a hydroelectric project exceeding 20 MW an additional compliance report needs to be submitted with the application for approval. The compliance report must be validated by a Designated Operational Entity (DOE), accredited for that particular sectoral scope.
For more information about the compliance report please refer to the Guidelines on a common understanding of Article 11b (6) of Directive 2003/87/EC.
Overview documents to include in an approval application for JI project activities